Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ethiopian Food

Recently tried Ethiopian food at Zed's in Washington DC Georgetown Area, with my Aunt & Mom for the first time. In true fashion my Aunt chatted up the owner Zed a nice woman, and they had a wonderful conversation about what I have no clue.

 Food was good, and I was full. I had Beef and collard greens (sounds similar to soul food right? not exactly the same but tasty). And my mom had chicken rice and spinach- hers was sooo good I think that was the best. My Aunt had spicy chicken with a hard boiled egg- weird. The chicken was good but I didn't do the egg.

It came family style on a big tray that sits in the middle of the table, and you can share and sample everyone's food. I think its a good example of community style eating. You eat it with your hands or you can use the flat bread to scoop it up. I only took one picture of me, and I'm not posting it. I know you really wanna see it...welll.... maybe... no its not happening. But I found some good 'ol google images thats similar to what & how we ate


No comments:

Post a Comment