Thursday, February 18, 2010

Fasting Fast Food

Madi Gras or and Fat Tuesday just passed this week, a precursor to the Christain period of lent.
Lent is the time leading up to Easter meant for fasting. SO Fat Tuesday is when you get your last good  fatty meal in before starting your fast.

I don't fast but I may give something up. Like one year I gave up chocolate. That was a challenge because the best thing in my school cafe was the chocolate cake. My dad tried to give up pizza once he didnt do to well, and last year he gave up sweets and sugar during the week- that was a hard thing for him- the man loves sugary things donuts cookies etc. But he pulled it off.  I haven't decided what I'll give up this year, but I like to test my will power.

Some people give up red meat. If you pay attention McDonald's and Wendy's have started promoting their fish sandwiches. Their slogan is "just because its lent doesn't mean you cant have fast food."
(You could fast with your money and not spend it on fast food, your fast doesn't have to be food focused)

Lots of people celebrate Fat Tuesday with pancakes. And I love pancakes. My mom and I use to make breakfast for dinner on Fat Tuesday.



Chocolate Chip Pancakes
these could easily be dessert 


No comments:

Post a Comment